Ruination Lane

 



Monica, with the face of an angel, born into this world a nonstarter. 

Owing this fact to her pharmaceutical fiend of a mother and duty dodging father. 

No one to comfort her and nowhere for her to go. 

Alone on this earth, destined only for Desolation Row. 

Easy prey for procurers and knowing only pain, 

This forlorn female now heads off for Ruination Lane. 

 

Growing and falling further apart, 

She was hiding and locking away her heart. 

Happiness receding instead of flowing, 

Love was fleeing rather than glowing. 

 

Walking away I turned and glanced, I wish I never had. 

I looked at her and she at me, our love along since passed. 

Deep sorrow in her amber eyes, tears trailing fast from mine. 

I forced a soft smile goodbye and off I wandered with 

My glare fixed on the stars in the sky 

 

Vagabond of the stars of pain, alone and on her way. 

The path was now so clear, to dreary Ruination Lane. 

The road, her one true kindred spirit, for it will never fade. 

That this fact is oh so true my friend, 

 Is deeply a crying shame. 

 

Comments